adminIn standard30th March, 2017
Fire Protection and General Safety:
- Don’t store flammable materials in the furnace room or next to your furnace and hot water tank.
- Ensure that adequate ventilation is provided to rooms containing gas/oil fired furnaces/boilers and gas/oil fired hot water tanks.
- Any door leading from an attached garage into the dwelling must be exterior/fire rated door, equipped with a self-closing device.
- Always having a fire extinguisher readily available.
- Plan two evacuation routes. Keep fire evacuation routes clear of clutter.
- Keep your cooking area well organized and free of clutter.
- Handrails must be installed alongside all staircases containing more than three steps.
- Eliminate any trip hazards or flooring defects. Keep your hallways and corridors clear.
- Refraining from overloading electrical circuits.
- Avoid permanent use of electrical extension cord.
- Clear access must be maintained in front of the electrical panel, the furnace/boiler access and the main water shut–off valve.
- Install at least one Smoke Alarm and CO Detector on each floor level.
- Test and maintain Smoke and CO Detectors on monthly basis.
- Emergency and family contact telephone numbers can be displayed permanently at or near the kitchen telephone.